Holi Special Delicious Gujiya Recipe
When we talk about Holi festival, we cannot forget to make gujiya on this special festival.
Holi a festival of colors. I love this colorful festival which gives us chance to remember that there are a lot of colors in our life and I love to celebrate this colorful festival with my family.
So let’s talk about How to make delicious Gujiya Recipe on this Colorful Holi Festival. Gujiya is full of khoya and dry fruits… yummy 🙂
For The Outer Covering We Need:
Flour – Maida 1/2 Kg.
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Curd – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup or add more if required
For The Filling We Need:
Khoya/Mawa – 1/2 Kg
Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
Sugar Powder – 350 gms
Chopped Cashew Nuts – 25 gms
Chopped Almonds – 25 gms
Raisins – 25 gms
Pistachios – 10gms
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Ghee : 1kg For frying gujiya
Gujiya mould for giving a proper shape to gujiya. We can do the twist for our kids too. Make it in different shapes your kids will love to have it.
Method of making Holi Special Gujiya
Preparation of Gujiya Outer Cover:
1. Take flour mix curd in it.
2. Heat Ghee in a pan.
3. Now pour the ghee on the flour.
4. Rub the ghee into the flour, mix it well and make a nice texture.
5. Add the water in parts and knead into a tight dough. Once the dough ready cover it with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 mins.
Preparation of Gujiya stuffing:
1. Crumble the Khoya/mawa.
2. Melt ghee in a pan on a low flame.
3. Add crumbled khoya in a pan and roast it on a low flame.
4. Stir the khoya continuously. When it becomes pink in color and begins to gather around itself, switch off the flame and let it cool.
5. Add sugar powder and chopped dry fruits in khoya, mix it well and keep aside. Taste it and if required add more sugar powder in it.
Its Gujiya Preparation Time:
1. Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a small round. Cover the balls with the moist kitchen towel.
2. Roll each ball with rolling pin to a small circle having approx 4 inches diameter. Try to make this roll without the flour.
3. Now take gujiya mould and spread it on the mold.
4. Fill 1 tbsp of the mixture in it and Moisten the edges with applying water all over the circumference edges and then fold one side of the mould over the other.
5. Remove the excess edges and reuse it.
6. Repeat this process and prepare all the gujiyas and remember spread it on a cloth.
7. Heat ghee in a pan and test its temperature. if the dough comes up gradually, then the oil is ready.
8. Now deep fry the gujiyas in batches on a medium or low flame. Remember don’t over crowed the pan. Turn them very carefully as fry the other side.
9. When gujiyas change into golden yellow in color, drain on Kitchen tissue paper.
10. Store in air-tight containers, when cold.
I know, there are a lot of efforts to make gujiya but Ghar ka bana khana ghar ka hi hota hai.. very hygienic and tasty too. We have to take care of our family. I totally love in TRUE TASTE OF INDIA 🙂
Hope you liked it. Please share your feedback for this recipe. Get more Sweet Recipes. Thanks and Wish you a Very HAPPY COLORFUL HOLI