Agra Ki Special Bedai or Bedmi Poori Recipe
Mouthwatering tempting Bedai or Bedmi Poori Recipe is very famous street food.
Agra Ki Special Bedai or Bedmi Poori Recipe is very famous street food. Breakfast means Bedai and Jalebi for UP food lovers. People loves to have bedai with aloo ki sabzi and garma garam jalebi in the breakfast. If you wanna try to have bedai. Here I am telling you the mouth watering recipe which you will love to have. Try it and send us for feedback.
Split green gram (daal) without skin – 50 gms
Plain flour – 1½ cup
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Water for kneading As required
Oil for deep frying As required
Salt to taste
Method of making Bedai or Bedmi Poori Recipe
1. Clean, wash and soak the split green daal overnight.
2. Now next day grind daal to make a fine paste then add chili powder, salt and cumin seeds and grind again for 1-2 mins.
3. Now add the flour with the grinned paste, mix well with adding very little water to make a stiff dough.
4. Kneed it well until you have a smooth non-sticky dough.
5. Divide this dough into 12 balls and roll out each ball into a 4″ disc and remember till be thicker than the usual poori.
6. Heat oil in a pan till smoking hot.
7. Then put the disc into hot oil, gently press the center of the bedai / bedmi Poori down in the oil as this will help the bedai / bedmi Poori to puff up.
8. Once done remove bedai / bedmi Poori and put it on napkin paper so that it will soke the oil.
9. Agra Ki Special Bedai or Bedmi Poori Recipe is ready to serve bedai / bedmi Poori hot with aloo ki sabzi, Green Chatni or yogurt and if you try this with garma garam jalebi, i am sure you will love it.